Monday, June 24, 2013

My visit to Salisbury

We drove from London to Salisbury where we met my 4th cousin, Ian Curr, his wife Clare and son Thomas!
Our day began with a charity walk for the local hospital at the Wilton House castle.   Ian played the Northumbrian pipes for the walkers!
We then visited the awesome Salisbury cathedral with its huge spire.  I saw the oldest working clock in the world, with lots of gears.  There was a mummified cat and rat at the art museum.  They were put inside the walls of houses to chase away rats.
We tried on some hats -new styles in Salisbury.
Look at the face photo.  Print it out and the turn it upside down.  It's really interesting,
We saw Stonehenge, a World Heritage site, as we headed north for our next adventure.












4 comments:

  1. That is totally awesome. All those things are pretty cool. Did you go to Big Ben and parlement, westminster Abbey, and Bucking Palace in London? Looks like your having an awesome time!Your really going cool places.-Adia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you loved seeing those mummies! I also really like that fluffy white hat you're wearing! :) It sounds like you are having a really awesome trip, and I'm really glad you got to see Stonehenge. You sure seem to be seeing a lot of things. Thanks for the photos!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie liked seeing the upside-down picture. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos of your adventures.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Reid

    I love reading your blog. It makes me so happy to see you traveling and visiting so many great places. Can't wait to see what you bought at the Tin Tin store! Can't wait to see where you are going next. Say hi to your grandparents.

    Love you--Cece

    ReplyDelete