Yesterday we entered Scotland and saw a bagpiper in a kilt on the border. Then we walked around Jedburgh. I played on a Scottish play structure. Then we went to Ferniehirst Castle, the home of the Kerr clan. We saw some black sheep of the family. Next we went to the Jedburgh jail. I got sentenced to the ultimate penalty by my Grandpa.
For lunch I had a special kind of beer.
Uh-oh....I got stuck in my souvenir handcuffs from the jail.








Great photos (except for the one of you with the beer of course)! It was nice talking to you today... it sounds like you're having so much fun! We miss you a lot & can't wait to see photos from Loch Ness. We love you! - Mom
ReplyDeleteYou better be sure and get the handcuffs off before you get on the plane to come home:) You are visiting interesting places--jails for example. Your face when your grandpa was sentencing you is priceless. Let me know if you see the Loch Ness monster. Love you lots--Cece
ReplyDeleteReid, I'm pleased that you visited the family/clan homestead. Someone probably told you this all ready, but the Kerrs were famously left-handed. They designed their castles with stairways that only a left-handed person could effectively sword fight in. While you've been in the United Kingdom, the stock market had a major decline (Oh, I bet you're not that interested in such things. Let's talk about Mrs. Kibble's Candy Shoppe.) While Charlie is the whale expert in the family, you could become the CANDY CONSULTANT! based on your British travels. You could advise the candy office at Seabrook how to appeal to the discriminating candy eater. Perhaps you could wear shirts with a candy cane pattern.
ReplyDeleteYour visit to the Jedburgh Jail looked cool. There's probably a "Folsom Prison" song in there somewhere.
I just got home from working in the Food Bank. I hope you are having a great time. Traveling with your Nana and Grandpa Mike has to be very, very special. We look forward to eating bacon again with you in the near future. Love, Papa
Great pictures! Looks like another amazing day. Don't forget to post a picutre and description of the haggis! Love you, Dad
ReplyDeleteWow both our ancestors have castle (royalty) relitives. Have fun in Scotland still prisoner.Cant't wait to see you. -Adia
ReplyDeleteOh yah, let me know if you see the Loch Ness. Post some pictures of it for me.-Adia
ReplyDelete